The Penn COVID-19 Childcare Grant helps Penn faculty, staff, and postdoctoral trainees who incur childcare expenses for care in their homes or in a childcare center, during the academic year from September 1, 2020 to May 31, 2021. If you meet the criteria described below, you are eligible to apply and receive up to $2,000 (before taxes) per household as reimbursement for childcare expenses. The grant application is available in Workday from September 15, 2020 through May 31, 2021.
To apply, follow these steps:
- Log into Workday.
- Search for “Create Request” in the Workday search box. Select “Create Request.”
- Select “All” from the Request Type Menu and navigate to “COVID-19 Childcare Grant Application.”
- Click “OK.”
- Answer all questions on the application, ensuring the necessary supporting documentation is attached.
- Sign the application by typing full legal name in Question 10.
- Click Submit.
- Be an active, full-time, Penn benefits-eligible employee or postdoctoral trainee. Faculty, staff, and postdoctoral trainees who are on leave or sabbatical are not eligible. Faculty, staff, and postdoctoral trainees must be completing their normal work requirements remotely or on campus.
- Have at least one child aged 10 or younger and/or 11-18 years of age with a disability-related special need at the time of the first application.
- The grant amount is per household, not per child. If both parents are employed at the University of Pennsylvania, the Childcare Grant benefit is limited to the benefit that would be provided to one faculty or staff member.
- Have a yearly Penn salary of $100,000 or less (from all Penn sources).