A new staff performance review process in Workday is rolling out this year. This builds on previous human resource processes to support staff talent development, grow our impact on Penn’s mission, and continue the momentum of facilitating ongoing conversations between employee and manager.
Here is what you need to know:
- The mid-year performance review process is an opportunity for you and your manager to discuss goals and performance between May 1 and October 31, 2022, a six-month period.
- The review launch date is November 1 and completion date is December 15, which is a period of six weeks for staff and their managers to complete the process. Your school, center, or your department may have intermediate deadlines.
- All eligible staff will receive a Workday notification on November 1 to start their self-evaluation. Staff will also receive periodic reminders to complete the review process steps. Those staff who are covered by collective bargaining agreements, Penn Medicine clinicians, residents, interns, and staff who are on long-term disability as of November 1, are non-participants. Schools and centers will determine if new staff hires who are in the middle of their introductory periods will go forward with their mid-year reviews.
- After the direct report completes the self-evaluation, the manager will receive a Workday notification to provide the manager evaluation, which will be available to the direct report. Manager and employee should discuss the mid-year review content. Each must acknowledge in Workday they have had this conversation.
- All reviews are completed in Workday, the University’s single system of record for human capital management.
- Help text is available when stepping through the process. A tip sheet with detailed instructions, an overview of the process, and video resources are available on the Workday website, www.workday.upenn.edu.
If you have any questions, please contact your manager, the HR representative in your school or center, or the Penn Employee Solution Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.